2019 Niro PHEV
5.1 / 2.2
L/100km | Le/100km
Smart Cruise Control (SCC)
When vehicles ahead of you slow down, the available Smart cruise control (SCC) automatically matches their speed until they accelerate again, maintaining a safe distance. All the convenience of cruise control with the added benefit of real-time reactions to road conditions.1
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
Should you start drifting out of lane without signalling, the available Lane keep assist system (LKAS) can alert the driver and even momentarily correct the vehicle’s course if no action is taken.1
Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEB)
Surprises always pop up when driving in the city. The available Autonomous emergency braking system can intervene automatically, providing full braking assistance, up to a complete stop when possible, if it detects a potential frontal collision with another vehicle.1
Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
Niro Plug-in Hybrid offers both Apple CarPlay®and Android Auto™ integration standard. The familiar interface and voice-activated navigation, music and messaging system ensure you never miss a beat, or a call.2,6,7
Harman Kardon® Premium Audio
Get more out of your drive by connecting your music, podcasts and audiobooks to the Niro Plug-in Hybrid’s available cutting-edge Harman/Kardon premium audio system using standard Bluetooth®.8
Wireless Phone Charger
The ability to charge your compatible smartphone wirelessly while on the go comes standard. Say bye-bye to the clutter of cables.2
The impressive fuel efficiency of the Niro Plug-in Hybrid raises the bar for how a hybrid should perform. Our full parallel hybrid system that pairs an energy-dense lithium-ion battery, a lightweight electric motor and the Niro Plug-in Hybrid’s 1.6L GDI engine for a combined 195 lb-ft of torque, delivers smooth and reliable performance without compromising on efficiency.
A GAME-CHANGING HYBRID
The innovative powertrain in the Niro Plug-in Hybrid promises reliable, smooth performance and optimized engine efficiency so that you always feel like you’re in control. The Niro Plug-in Hybrid makes the most of every driving situation. At low speeds, it can operate in EV (electric vehicle) mode. When you need a little extra power to accelerate and climb, the engine and electric motor run at the same time. The Niro Plug-in Hybrid can even recharge a low battery at fixed speeds.
SLOW DOWN, CHARGE UP
Go farther. Regenerative braking boosts the efficiency of your Niro Plug-in Hybrid, allowing you to get more out of every charge. When your Niro Plug-in Hybrid decelerates, the system’s electric traction motor captures the kinetic energy to recharge the battery, maximizing fuel economy.
A HUGE SHIFT FORWARD
A Dual-clutch transmission results in a crisp, exhilarating drive for you and your passengers. This is how a hybrid should perform. The already responsive advanced hybrid system is complementedby a 6-speed Dual-clutch automatic transmission (DCT) that shifts gears smoothly and quickly.
Model Range (Limited Availability)
- 1.6L GDI Engine
- 16″ Alloy wheels with covers
- Combination cloth/leather seats
- Wireless phone charger
- Blind spot detection system (BSD)
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Power Sunroof
- 1.6L GDI Engine
- 16″ Alloy wheels with covers
- Full leather seats
- Harman/Kardon® premium audio
- Lane keeping assist system (LKAS)
- Smart cruise control (SCC)
- Heated rear seats
Snow White Pearl (P)
Gravity Blue (M)
Ocean Blue (M)
M = Metallic
P = Pearl
- Please note that your vehicle may not be equipped with all features described. This also applies to safety-related systems and functions. None of the features we describe are intended to replace the driver’s responsibility to exercise due care while driving and are not a substitute for safe driving practices. Some features may have technological limitations. For additional information regarding the various features, including their limitations and restrictions, please refer to your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual.
- Compatible smartphone required. Data rates may apply, please check with your wireless service provider. For wireless charging, certain smartphones may require a wireless charging-compatible case.
- When equipped with the navigation system, French voice commands may be limited.
- UVO Intelligence only available on select models and trims. Specific functionality may vary between models and trims. Destination Search is only available on vehicles with a navigation head unit. Certain functions are only accessible on the smartphone app and/or customer web portal and/or in-vehicle head unit. Service is free for the first five years from the day the vehicle was first registered. Monthly subscription may be applicable after the free period. Please consult your dealer for details.
- SiriusXM satellite radio service includes a 3 month trial and is available in the 10 provinces and three territories of Canada, and the 48 contiguous states of the U.S. Monthly subscription sold separately after three trial months.
- The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
- Apple, the Apple logo, CarPlay, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Google, Google Play, Google Maps, and Android Auto are trademarks of Google Inc.
- Harman Kardon and Infinity are registered trademarks of Harman International Industries, Inc. Lexicon, the Lexicon logo, Logic 7 and the Logic 7 logo are registered trademarks of Lexicon, Inc., a Harman International company. All rights reserved.
- Estimates are based on Government of Canada approved criteria and testing methods. Actual range and mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits, and your vehicle’s condition.
- Recharge times are based on a 0% state of charge (SOC).